Natural And Painless Ways To Quickly Get Rid Of Dandruff

On one episode of the global hit series, Friends, Chandler welcomes Monica’s parents into their apartment by taking their coats. Chandler then promptly whips out a joke while dusting off Jack Geller’s shoulders saying, “Boy, is it snowing outside?” to which Jack then promptly responds with an affronted “No”. Trust me, with today’s ever-changing beauty regimens and high standards, you do not want dandruff to steal your show and ruin your parade. Dandruff, if present, should remain unseen and eradicated at best! But modern-day shampoos only guarantee 99% no dandruff which leaves an fickle 1% for us to still worry over. But fear not as I am about to share with you some natural and painless ways to quickly get rid of dandruff.

What is Dandruff and What Causes It?

Dandruff is basically dead skin that shed off from the scalp. Dandruff affects about 40% of people beyond 30 years old. It usually presents itself to be miniscule and leaves the scalp naturally and unnoticed. Unfortunately, some people are not as blessed with subtle dandruff. It is best that you know the type of hair you have before jumping to use any product on it.

When using products like shampoos or conditioners, a sloppy rinse can lead to accumulation of these oils, which turn out white and flaky when dry. Other products also contain chemicals that increase the rate of dead skin peeling off from the scalp, which outruns skin cell production. This means that there is an excess of “shedding” of the skin in the scalp, which is also a common cause for dandruff.

Other causes of dandruff are skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis. These cause inflammation on the skin that can lead to skin cell degeneration, eventually “shedding” flakes off. Canoe provides an in-depth look into dandruff and all that ensues from it. Go and check it out!

It’s dandruff! But don’t worry. The following list is made up of unverified home remedies with natural method.

Ways to Get Rid of Dandruff

  1. Aspirin Use

Crushing aspirin into your normal shampoo dosage helps in cutting out dandruff as aspirin contains salicylic acid which is also found in most anti-dandruff shampoos.

  1. Lemon Juice

Massage about 2 tablespoons of lemon juice into scalp then rinse with water. Then, mix lemon juice and water in equal proportions and apply to scalp then leave for a few minutes before washing with water. The acidity of the lemon juice balances out the pH of the scalp, helping reduce dandruff after repeated use.

  1. Salt

Live every salt scrub, applying salt into different areas and scrubbing yourself clean help take away dead skin that materializes on that area. Massage a couple of dashes of salt onto scalp and scrub gently and thoroughly.

  1. Health Diet

Studies show that dandruff can be caused by deficits in metabolizing carbohydrates and fats. Foods rich in B6 heighten the metabolism of these compounds which can help decrease dandruff.

Beauty is pain? Not necessarily. It just takes a little bit (or a lot) of effort. Here’s to chasing the flakes away!

You might also like More from author

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons